The life of Errol Antzis doesn’t fit into a tidy slot—he’s been a CFO, financier, and entrepreneur, he’s an accomplished guitar player, and he has a black belt in karate. But during his time at MIT, he had one career in mind: professional musician.Jay London | M.I.T News Magazine
Errol Antzis is a tenured media and entertainment finance professional and entrepreneur as well as a professional musician. Errol has over 25 years of experience in private equity and commercial and investment banking, as well as over 10 years of work as a media company owner and operator. In addition, Errol is a professional guitarist and songwriter, having released three of his own CD’s to date and performed nationwide in professional bands and venues.
Errol is presently the Senior Managing Director of Goldmark Advisers, Inc., a boutique investment bank providing merger and acquisition advisory services and capital formation to firms ranging from startups to middle market in size, predominantly in the media and entertainment industries. Errol is also a licensed real estate salesperson with Houlihan Lawrence, serving Northern Westchester. Errol’s ongoing entrepreneurial pursuits include ownership interests in Drumhead Magazine, Aficionado Media, Fandistro and PledgeMusic.
Errol has given presentations at many media, entertainment and financial seminars and functions, and has written feature editorial content for publications ranging from Billboard to Multichannel News. He also is an avid contributor – via funding and services – to numerous charitable organizations, including Born Free USA, the IMES PTO and others.
Errol was chosen to be the keynote speaker at the May, 2016 M.I.T. Enterprise Forum. His discussion, titled “Chaos at the Intersection of Music, Money and Technology” was presented to an audience of financiers, entrepreneurs and business people associated with, or interested in, the business aspects of the entertainment industry.
Errol’s previous professional endeavors include the following:
- Managing Director and Head of Digital Media and Entertainment at Gruppo, Levey & Co., a boutique investment bank in New York City, where Errol worked with middle-market companies in both traditional and new media, including online social networking, content production and distribution, online search, and B2B and B2C sales businesses
- Chief Financial Officer at Metropolitan Talent, managers of Art Garfunkel, The Grateful Dead and Bruce Hornsby, as well as promoters of concerts at Madison Square Garden and other venues
- Founder and Co-Manager of the first Mezzanine Fund at private equity firm Veronis Suhler Stevenson
- Founder and Group Head of Banque Paribas’ Media and Entertainment Finance Division, managing a $3 billion portfolio of senior and mezzanine debt and equity investments
- Founder and Managing Director of EMX, a division of GE Capital, financing media and entertainment enterprises ranging from the middle market to multinational
- Prior employers include The Bank of New York and The Chase Manhattan Bank
As an avid musician, Errol has played guitar, drums, bass and keyboards both live and on recordings. He has released three CD’s to date under the moniker “Psychoteria”, the most recent of which is titled “I Think I’ll Just Stay Home”. Please click here to visit the Psychoteria site and listen to the music. Errol recorded, engineered and mixed the CD’s at his music studio in NYC, where he has also recorded and produced other musical artists. Errol, his family and his recording studio now reside in Northern Westchester, where he continues his efforts in finance, music and family.
Errol graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1980 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and a double-minor in Economics and Music, and graduated in 1982 from New York University with an MBA in Corporate Finance.
And if the above is not enough, Errol also has a first-degree black belt in Shorin-Ryu karate!
Spending his days as a financial advisor in digital and entertainment media and rocking out in his private recording studio at night, Antzis is the an unlikely rock star.
Errol R. Antzis joined Veronis Suhler Stevenson in 2002 as Managing Director and Principal, and is the Co-Manager of VSS Mezzanine Partners, L.P., a fund that invests in Media and Communications c
“Errol Antzis (Course 6) has now fully ensconced himself in the music business. Besides serving as CFO of Metropolitan Talent, Inc., an independent diversified entertainment company….
Errol R. Antzis serves as Co-Manager and Managing Director of VSS Mezzanine Partners, L.P. He is jointly responsible for the origination, underwriting, structuring and management….
- Errol Antzis ’80. Musician keeps on rocking in the business world
The life of Errol Antzis doesn’t fit into a tidy slot—he’s been a CFO, financier, and entrepreneur, he’s an accomplished guitar player, and he has a black belt in karate. But during his time at MIT, he had one career in mind: professional musician.
VERONIS SUHLER STEVENSON
- MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium 2004 (conference schedule)
Errol Antzis, Veronis Suhler
- INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE: Antzis to head Veronis equity PEOPLE – Financial Times
Veronis Suhler Stevenson, a New York investment bank specialising in media and communications, has named Errol Antzis managing director and principal of the firm’s private equity group….
- Veronis Suhler Stevenson launches new investment fund. (Brief Article)
Veronis Suhler Stevenson (VSS; New York) has established VSS Mezzanine Partners, L.P., a new investment fund that will target a wide range of media, communications and information…..
- Veronis Suhler Stevenson launches new investment fund.
TVeronis Suhler Stevenson (VSS; New York) has established VSS Mezzanine Partners, L.P., a new investment fund that will target a wide range of media….
- VSS introducing new mezzanine fund
RBR hears that Veronis Suhler Stevenson (VSS) is raising money for a new mezzanine lending fund aimed at media companies and is already talking to would-be borrowers….
- Agency Banks On Antzis – Variety
Gotham-based Metropolitan Talent signed investment banker Errol Antzis as chief financial officer on Monday. He will oversee company finances, strategic planning and new business initiative…..
- Agency & Management News – Encore
Errol Antzis has been named Chief Financial Officer and member of the Board of Directors of Metropolitan Talent…..
- Executive Turntable – Billboard
TOURING: Metropolitan Talent names Errol Antzis CFO and a member of its board of directors. He was co-manager/principal of VSS Mezzanine Partners……
- Metropolitan Talent Names CFO – Encore
NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — Errol Antzis has been named Chief Financial Officer and member of the Board of Directors of Metropolitan Talent……
- Metropolitan Talent Press Release – FindLaw
NEW YORK, March 5 /PRNewswire/ — Metropolitan Talent, Inc. today announced the appointment of Errol Antzis to the position of Chief Financial Officer and member of the Board of Directors of the company…..
VS&A COMMUNICATIONS PARTNERS
- VS&A Communications Partners (Appointment Mention)
Errol Antzis has joined VS&A Communications Partners as managing director and principal. He will help to source and structure new fund investments, add-on investments….
- Guitar World – Baden Guitar article
As vice president of sales and marketing at Taylor guitars, T.J. Baden helped transform that company from a small, struggling enterprise into one of the world’s leading acoustic manufacturers….
Music & Films
- Amazon CD Reviews
Errol Antzis proves that you don’t need a major record deal to make high quality music these days. Everything from the CD’s artwork (front, back, and inside!) to the production, and of course the guitar work is top notch.
- CD Review – The Hard and the Soft
Psychoteria is Errol Antzis on guitars, bass, keyboards, percussion and vocals. Having been a musician for over 25 years, Mr. Antzis combines a broad range of stylistic influences…..
- CD Review – Psychoteria
The recent release of Psychoteria by NYC-based guitarist Errol Antzis will be the ticket to establishing his name with instrumental guitar fans. Performing everything from guitars and bass to keyboards…..
- CleveJazz Newsletter
I’m very fortunate to be working with some of New York’s Best musicians On these gigs!!!
- IMDB Filmography