The life of Errol Antzis doesn’t fit into a tidy slot—he’s been a CFO, financier, and entrepreneur, he’s an accomplished guitar player, and he has a black belt in karate. But during his time at MIT, he had one career in mind: professional musician.Jay London | M.I.T News MagazineView Resume
“Errol Antzis is so much more than the titles, degrees, careers, successes and interests he has to his name or all of that which he has already achieved. Errol is the epitome of how through cross training, a diverse life of interests can make for an epic journey built upon profoundly connected yet seemingly unconnected interests and jobs”FerroCity Insider Guide
Read The Full Story
Errol Antzis is a tenured media and entertainment finance professional and entrepreneur as well as a professional musician, guitar collector and…Black Belt in Shorin Ryu Karate!
Errol has over 25 years of experience in private equity and commercial and investment banking, as well as over 10 years of work as a media company owner and operator. Errol is also a professional guitarist and songwriter, having released three of his own CD’s to date and performed nationwide in professional bands and venues.
Errol has always endeavored to combine his passion for music with an affinity for technology, numbers and finance, and has done so through an ability to work with and create companies that are in the music and entertainment fields. He was deeply involved with financing rollups of broadcast properties, and has also worked with companies in the music publishing, film and audio industries.
Errol is presently the Senior Managing Director of Goldmark Advisers, Inc., a boutique investment bank providing merger and acquisition advisory services and capital formation to firms ranging from startups to middle market in size, predominantly in the media and entertainment industries.
Errol is also a licensed real estate salesperson with Houlihan Lawrence, serving Northern Westchester. Errol’s ongoing entrepreneurial pursuits include having founded and maintaining ownership interests in Drumhead Magazine, Aficionado Media, Baden Guitars and CareGround, a provider of content and services to those caring for the infirm and elderly. While the latter is a bit of a business departure, Errol has often been an avid contributor – via funding and time – to numerous charitable organizations, including Born Free USA, his local PTO and sociopolitical enterprises.
Errol has given presentations at many media, entertainment and financial seminars and functions, and has written feature editorial content for publications ranging from Billboard to Multichannel News.
Errol was chosen to be the keynote speaker at the May, 2016 M.I.T. Enterprise Forum. His discussion, titled “Chaos at the Intersection of Music, Money and Technology” was presented to an audience of financiers, entrepreneurs and business people associated with, or interested in, the business aspects of the entertainment industry.
Errol’s previous professional endeavors include the following:
- Managing Director and Head of Digital Media and Entertainment at Gruppo, Levey & Co., a boutique investment bank in New York City, where Errol worked with middle-market companies in both traditional and new media, including online social networking, content production and distribution, online search, and B2B and B2C sales businesses
- Chief Financial Officer at Metropolitan Talent, managers of Art Garfunkel, The Grateful Dead and Bruce Hornsby, as well as promoters of concerts at Madison Square Garden and other venues
- Founder and Co-Manager of the first Mezzanine Fund at private equity firm Veronis Suhler Stevenson
- Founder and Group Head of Banque Paribas’ Media and Entertainment Finance Division, managing a $3 billion portfolio of senior and mezzanine debt and equity investments
- Founder and Managing Director of EMX, a division of GE Capital, financing media and entertainment enterprises ranging from the middle market to multinational
- Prior employers include The Bank of New York and The Chase Manhattan Bank
As an avid musician, Errol has played guitar, drums, bass and keyboards both live and on recordings. He has released three CD’s to date under the moniker “Psychoteria”, the most recent of which is titled “I Think I’ll Just Stay Home”. Please click here to visit the Psychoteria site and listen to the music. Errol recorded, engineered and mixed the CD’s at his music studio in NYC, where he has also recorded and produced other musical artists. Errol, his family and his recording studio now reside in Northern Westchester, where he continues his efforts in finance, music and family.
Errol graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1980 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and a double-minor in Economics and Music, and graduated in 1982 from New York University with an MBA in Corporate Finance.